Taking lessons on Language Tools

Posts78Likes27Joined22/3/2019LocationUS
Native
English
Learning German

I want to take some lessons. How does payment work?

Language Tools has a secure, built-in payment tool that makes purchasing lessons a breeze. Simply add some funds to your Student Wallet using a credit card or PayPal account. Your Student Wallet will need to have enough funds to cover the lessons you'd like to purchase.

Language Crush Support Team

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

How can I find the right teacher?

Our teacher search tool makes it easy to find the right fit: you can specify language, skills, times and dates, and rates. Many teachers offer a trial lesson which is a good way to meet them and see if it's a good fit. 

Edited 
Native
English
Learning German

I found a teacher I'd like to work with. How do I schedule a lesson?

Great! Simply click "Book a Lesson" for that teacher. Provide your contact information, select the language and lesson you want, select a time, and then complete the purchase. Please note that in order to purchase a lesson you'll need to have enough funds in your student wallet to cover the cost of the lesson.  

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

What is your cancellation policy for lessons?

Lessons can be canceled by the student or the teacher up to 24 hours before the start of the lesson.

Lessons will be cancelled automatically by the system if:

a) the teacher hasn't accepted the lesson within 48 hours from when the request was made

OR

b) in cases where the lesson was requested less than 48 hours prior to start time, the lesson will be cancelled at the start time if the teacher hasn't accepted the lesson

Edited 
Native
English
Learning German

What's the inquiry process?

After a lesson, the student is asked if it was completed successfully. If the answer is "no", the lesson enters the inquiry process. The lesson is said to be "in inquiry" while LT inquires of both the student and teacher why the lesson wasn't completed as expected.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

My schedule changed. Can I change my lesson time?

You can request a schedule change if it is more than 24 hours from the scheduled start time of the lesson. 

If it's within 24 hours of the lesson start time, the schedule is locked and the teacher is entitled to be paid, though some teachers may be willing to work something out with you. 

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

I missed my lesson – how can I reschedule?

You may contact the teacher to reschedule. Although certain teachers may be willing to reschedule or work something out, if you missed the lesson the teacher is entitled to be paid for the time they held for the lesson. 

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

My teacher missed the lesson. What happens next?

After a lesson there will be a pop-up asking if the lesson was completed successfully. In this case, you would respond “no” and provide “Teacher was absent” as the reason. If the teacher agrees, we'll send your refund. If the teacher disagrees, the lesson goes into dispute.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

During an inquiry about my lesson, my teacher and I disagreed about something. How will this get resolved?

The lesson will go into dispute. Language Tools will review any evidence and submitted materials pertaining to the dispute and make a final, binding ruling. 

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Do I have to mark a lesson complete at the end of each lesson?

When the lesson is over you will get a pop-up asking if it was completed or not. If it was completed, you should select "yes" and leave feedback. If not, you should select "no", leave a reason, and the lesson will go into inquiry. If you don't do anything with the pop-up, the lesson will automatically be marked complete 72 hrs after the end of the scheduled lesson time, and the teacher will be paid.

Edited 
    Feedback