User Profile and Preferences

Posts78Likes27Joined22/3/2019LocationUS
Native
English
Learning German

My email address changed, how can I update it?

No problem. Simply log on to Language Tools and go to Account Settings. Under "Change Details" you can update your email. 

Language Crush Support Team

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

I'd like to change my display name; how can I do that?

Updates to the display name are handled by the Language Tools support team. Contact our support team with this request. 

Edited 
Native
English
Learning German

I see other users have personalized their profile with signatures and personal tags. How can I do that?

Click "Edit Profile" and then find the tab labeled "Profile." Scroll down and you will find signature and tags. If you don't see the personal tag you are looking for, you can create it!

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Can I change my notification settings?

Of course! Go to Account Settings, scroll down and you will find Notification Settings.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Why are display names restricted to characters to a-z, 0-9 and?

Display names are unique to prevent abuse. For example, if they weren’t unique someone could join, call themselves leosmith, and make malicious posts. We also restricted the characters to a-z, 0-9 and . (this is the same thing facebook does). We did this because many people might not notice the difference if there is a small accent mark over a character or something, so they might think it’s the same person. 

Edited 
    Feedback