Shopping on line as a source for learning vocabulary

Posts0Likes0Joined19/9/2019LocationSão Paulo / BR
Native
Portuguese
Learning English, French, Italian, Spanish

I'd recommend ebay page as a great source of vocabulary, both because of objects names and descriptions. I use it a lot with students, specially for clothing and housing related words. I've also learned a lot myself because of my curiosity, there are things you would never find in books or that you would never even imagine to ask about.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined23/9/2019LocationNovi Sad / RS
Native
Serbian
Learning Danish, English, Russian

I would also strongly discourage people from using AliExpress or Wish for the same purpose, as a lot of object names are totally wrong  

My last purchase was a lot of card sleeves (for Magic the Gathering cards), and the name I found them under was "Matt Board Games Cards Sleeves protector for magical game the gathering card shield TCG collectioncards". Christ almighty, what a name. :D

But jokes aside, nice suggestion, I'll actually try using that with my students, I think that's a great idea.

JEG KAN IKKE FORSTÅ

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined24/3/2021LocationManila / PH
Native
English
Learning Spanish

I just seen this post now and this is a wonderful, unique idea. I will try this.:) 

Faye

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

Kosta.Cirkovic wrote:
I would also strongly discourage people from using AliExpress or Wish for the same purpose, as a lot of object names are totally wrong :joy:
My last purchase was a lot of card sleeves (for Magic the Gathering cards), and the name I found them under was "Matt Board Games Cards Sleeves protector for magical game the gathering card shield TCG collectioncards". Christ almighty, what a name. :D
But jokes aside, nice suggestion, I'll actually try using that with my students, I think that's a great idea.

HAH, I play Magic! ';)

Generally speaking It is a good idea to set your browser to the language you are learning, or your phone etc because it gives you that extra immersion. The best way to learn is through immersion if you aren't lucky enough to visit the country with the language you want to learn then you can use this and other ideas to help immerse yourself!

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined25/3/2021LocationSouth Cotabato / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning Cebuano, English, German, Japanese, Korean

Wow. I will try this .

Posted 
    Feedback