Fixed - To change the mode of highlighting the status of words

Posts8Likes4Joined2/1/2020LocationBY
Native
Russian
Learning English, Polish, Spanish

Is it possible to change the mode of highlighting the status of words from cyclic automatic, which depends on the number of clicks (red-> green-> white -> red -> ...) to manual with a choice?

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

In the reading window you have to keep clicking, but you can do what you described in the definition window.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Native
Russian

Obviously, but the question was different.

Can I turn off the automatic change in the status of words when I click a word in the text?

Edited 
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Ok, we are discussing...

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Sergey.Snzahar wrote:
Obviously, but the question was different.
Can I turn off the automatic change in the status of words when I click a word in the text?

Hi Sergey. Why do you want to do this?

Posted 
Native
Russian

Hi, Leosmith.

Because:

1. I do not plan to set each word to “learning” status (green color) when clicking. (Perhaps an intermediate status “word has already met” (brown color) is required.

2. Additionally, it will be good to be able to click 2-3 times on a word for pronunciation (and without automatically changing the status of the word.

Edited 
Native
English
Learning German

1. The first click doesn't change the color.

2. Ok, I'll pass this along in case they can think of a different/better way to replay the pronunciation.

Edited 
Native
Russian

For clarity.

Right now, the first click changes the color of the word to green and the status of the word to "learning" (browser firefox, chrome).

"1. The first click doesn't change the color." - is that a plan?

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Sergey.Snzahar wrote:
For clarity.
Right now, the first click changes the color of the word to green and the status of the word to "learning" (browser firefox, chrome).

I'm using Windows10, chrome, and the first click plays the pronunciation, but doesn't change the color. Are you also Windows 10?

Posted 
Native
Russian

No, but:

Windows 7 PRO SP1 (32 bit) with browser chrome 74.0.3729.131 (32 bit) or firefox 68.7.0 (32 bit) - the first click changes the color of the word.

Windows 10 PRO (64 bit) with browser chrome 81.0.4044.129 (64 bit) or firefox 67.0.4 (64 bit) - the first click changes the color of the word.

Edited 
Native
English
Learning German

Thanks - I will forward this; we'll try to make first click play the pronunciation but not change the color, and add a replay pronunciation icon in the definition window.

Posted 
Native
Russian

Ok.

Thanks for the support.

Posted 
Native
Russian

Thanks very much for making the changes!

Everything works perfect!

Posted 
    Feedback