Thai and Cebuano being added to Language Tools Conversations

Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

(Note - this is independent of the poll for new languages)

I just wanted to share the good news that I finally got some response to some old ads of mine, and we have located some voice actors for Thai and Cebuano. I will add them to this list as soon as they are officially in work. 

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined28/8/2018Location

I am really excited that Thai is being added.

I am not sure if you are looking for topics but I would love to hear conversations about some of the following:

Role of woman in society (any changes over time), opinions on neighbouring countries eg Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia and perception of immigrants from these countries living in Thailand, dating and romance (bad dates, how the met a partner, wedding ceremonies, breaking up etc), work - worst job, easiest job.

Scandals - well known national stories of business leaders or celebrities that fell from grace. Famous moments in the country that they remember when they were a kid or an adult and what it was like to live through that at the time for instance some national sporting triumph, flood or passing of the former king etc.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Ok Matthew, I've added these to the "user requested" list. Some of these will be incorporated for sure.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined18/6/2019LocationSan Jose Del Monte / PH
Native
English
Learning Afrikaans, Cebuano, Chinese - Mandarin, Danish, Indonesian, Malay, Norwegian, Spanish, Tagalog

Cebuano! I used to live in the Visayas in a Cebuano speaking region! Its nifty! 

Find me on Discord:

https://discord.gg/R4zepcA

Posted 

Big thank you to Leosmith and the team. I have really been enjoying studying with the Thai conversations posted so far.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Matthew wrote:
Big thank you to Leosmith and the team. I have really been enjoying studying with the Thai conversations posted so far.

Glad you like them! We actually have 65 recorded so far, but we are waiting for transcription. Usually one team does everything, but this guy didn't want to do the transcripts. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to have him record them though - his team and recording studio are much better than anyone else who submitted a demo.

Posted 

Yes, the sound quality is very good and you can hear the playfulness and the sense of humour coming through from the two speakers.

Not sure if you are looking for any more topic suggestions or the recording is now complete, but a few more came to mind recently.

เด็กแว้นซ์, สก๊อย - A friend of mine was recently telling me about these two sub groups of young men and women that are into fast cars / motorbikes, and have a particular fashion sense. It would be interesting for me to know a bit about the different sub groups in society.

Political System, Elections - I know politics is not allowed as a topic and I can understand why. But without getting into any issues or controversies it could be helpful to know a bit about the structures of government, how elections work, how the leader is selected..etc. This would be helpful in being able to understand the news a bit better. 

Role of the King - The role of the power and monarchy in Thailand seem to be much stronger than in other monarchies today such as the United Kingdom. It would be helpful to understand this role a bit.

Justice Systems - Law and the courts.

I am not meaning for these topics to be controversial, but more of a bit of a civics lesson. In any case, if these topics are too hot I completely understand. Again loving the work so far. 

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Matthew wrote:
Not sure if you are looking for any more topic suggestions or the recording is now complete, but a few more came to mind recently.

The 100 conversations are already fixed, but if we decide to add any more I'll consider these.

Posted 
    Feedback