Communication and Relationship!

Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationPH
Native
English, Tagalog
Other Japanese, Korean, Spanish

This is an off-topic about how you should communicate to build and keep your relationship.

We have to remember that to keep your relationship with your partner, you always have to communicate. Regardless if you are mad, just cool down for few minutes then talk.

Nowadays,people in a relationship or married are forgetting about this. That is why a lot of relationships ended.

There will always be a misunderstanding in a relationship. And there are times that you cannot agree to ones decision; but you should talk it out. 

Do not let a day passed without talking and discussing about it. Don't yell at each other. Don't say hurtful words and be mindful of how you speak.

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

It's tough. Especially if it's a long-distance relationship.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018Location
Native
English
Learning French, Spanish
Other Irish

Communication is VITAL! Especially long distance... I've done it before and it's very hard but clear communication is so important.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018Location
Native
English
Learning French, Spanish
Other Irish

I'd be especially interested in hearing people's perspective on this where they didn't originally share a native language with their partner.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018LocationMetro Manila / PH
Other English

Nowadays gap between worlds are just within a touch of your fingers via computer or mobile in hand. We have skype, facebook and other apps to somehow bridge that gap. All we need is to exert more effort, more time to learn and understand each other... 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018LocationUS
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French

Great message Lorwina! Thank you for sharing! :)

I agree! It is also important that we consider our thoughts and feeling AND also other people's thoughts and feelings and have respect for each other.  

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationPH
Native
English, Tagalog
Other Japanese, Korean, Spanish

I actually never had a long distance relationship so I cannot really share any experience with this matter. However, I still believe that you have to always communicate regardless if the other person is on the other side of the world or just near you. 

Posted 
    Feedback