Learning Arabic - Gulf

I am struggling to learn a language what is the easy way 

Mariam Irshad

Edited 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Define "easy". If you mean a way that doesn't take a lot of time and effort, I would say there is no such way.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined5/9/2018Locationmaryland / US
Native
Urdu
Learning Arabic - Gulf

You are right every thing required effort. 

Mariam Irshad

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018Location

The easiest way according to be is to pick up the most functional words. Words that when used can achieve a purpose. Then once you have mastered these you move on to getting the grammer right and forming crude sentences. You could try using these in shops. In most places when I have tried to do this, I always seem to get better discounts from shop keepers or get locals to open up more. What's most important is that you take the time off to make an effort.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined5/9/2018Locationmaryland / US
Native
Urdu
Learning Arabic - Gulf

Indeed time is the key. I agree when you speak to someone you learn faster

Mariam Irshad

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other Arabic - Gulf, English, French, Spanish, Serbian

The easiest way would be to follow some steps in order to not get lost if you are self-teaching. Are you? You're planning to learn by yourself? 

I would firstly, set a goal. Then, find your best way to learn, you need to know what attracts you, what you want to achieve, what are your main interests (talking, reading, listening writing? Meeting people? ) , Then just in order to take the path of least resistance, which is the easiest path and very often the healthiest one for all of us, is to find out what attracts you most, as I said, because that is when we usually absorb and acquire most of the language, when we allow ourselves to be attracted by what we like and do the best of us. And then just practice that. After a while, you'll notice a need to approach other ways/techniques, you will feel confident enough, and that feeling will make it lot easier to move on. Once you feel inspired to go to another "chapter", you just follow, do it. It can be the same day, same hour, or after 2 weeks of just listening to music/podcasts! (For example) 

Easiest way is to know yourself and do whatever your own consciousness is telling you to do. Pick a book, listen to a radio, note down words, REPEAT WORDS, construct sentences, listen to podcasts, download grammar books, do exercises etc. 

What takes effort the most is usually getting to know ourselves to a degree we don't put any resistance to the things we're doing. Usually not possible, but if you want to incorporate a full knowledge of your language, you need to deal with the resistance too. Which I find way easier when I am doing what I like 70% of my time, and then rest don't feel so pressured. So, easy IS possible, but really depends what you want to achieve. Set your goals first, know your terms, and you'll know where to start and whenever a new challenge arises, you just take a small step back and see what's that all about ! :P 

Organisation is key. But once you know what your main reason for learning the language is, what you want to achieve, after you question and maybe note down some relevant aspects of your own desires, organisation comes by itself, or is way easier, pleasant and even empowering. 

That's what I would say 

:+1::pray:

Edited 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Great post Mai!

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
    Feedback