Quick language learning ads

Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other Arabic - Gulf, English, French, Spanish, Serbian

These days I was bombarded by ads on quick language learning, and I figured out it must be a sign to create a topic on that. Do you often see these? Offering books, manuals, guidelines on how to acquire and learn a language the quickest way possible? Have you ever purchased a service or an e-book or an offered cd like that? Did you ever gave into the temptation to get a help like this? If yes, what was your experience? 

I ran into this article, looking for online advertisements on quick language learning. It incorporates basic rules or guidelines on how to really learn quickest while mainly self-studying. 

I would also include www.languagetools.io in the list of legitimate sites from where you can learn :) 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/how-to-learn-a-language-in-super-fast-time/ 

"Of course, each student benefits from different approaches, but the best thing is to aim for this repeated exposure to the language you are trying to learn, and engaging in regular speaking practice sessions with a native speaker" 

I was once told repetition is the mother of knowledge, and that is why I cited this quote. I agree with that so much. What do you think? What is the best method to acquire a language? 

And from that standpoint, have you ever consulted a polyglot for advices on how to do learn quickest? Or maybe purchased one of their books and guidelines advertised online? 

I myself have not, I even checked the guy mentioned in the advertisement as an alleged superpolyglot. He turned out to be some fictional character in a TV series :)) 

What do you think? 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other Arabic - Gulf, English, French, Spanish, Serbian

This is the ad 

https://vladi-webmarks.com/9-zabavni-nacini-za-brzo-izucavanje-na-angliskiot-jazik/?utm_campaignid=23842884104590535&utm_creative=23842884104580535. 

It's in Macedonian, I assume you wouldn't understand anything, but wanted to share since even underneath it, there are Facebook comments from Macedonians confirming its great use and benefits. :))) But they all sound very rigid and like an ads themselves, I am sure they have either been payed to write testimonials or are bots :) 

What do you think? In general. Do they ever annoy you or are you okay? 

:) 

Edited 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

These "Fluent in 3 Months" type ads, or any ads that make ridiculous claims, really annoy me. The worst thing about it is that it's an industry standard. I will try to never do this with LT.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
    Feedback