Question for non-native English speakers: good at speaking or writing?

Which are you good at?

42.9%

0%

42.9%

14.3%

This poll will run forever.

Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Most non-native English speakers are either good in speaking or writing it, although there are some who are good in both aspects. As for me, I have the advantage in writing the language because that is where I'm most exposed to. I could speak English but I'm not so fluent about it. 

How about you, are you good in speaking or writing English? or are you both? 

Edzky-18

Posted 
Posts230Likes123Joined16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I think my accent is pretty thick, even though I try and try and cannot get rid of how I pronounce certain letters. I also believe my writing is not as good as I would like it to be. Something I am pretty good is Spelling and vocabulary.

-Ari-

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018Location
Native
Tagalog
Other English, German, Spanish

Not so good in writing.  

Posted 
Posts114Likes81Joined8/10/2018LocationPH
Native
English, Tagalog
Learning Japanese

Both I guess, although I think my speaking is a little bit better 

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Aileen.Cortes wrote:

Not so good in writing. :neutral_face:

That's okay. It means you're better in speaking. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edzky-18

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Mel.Palogan wrote:

Both I guess, although I think my speaking is a little bit better

Wow! I envy you for that. Because of my experiences and current work, I was not able to maximize my speaking abilities using the language, but I did in writing. Though I'm not saying that I'm perfect in the latter, I just find it easier to express my thoughts in writing than in speaking. 

Edzky-18

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

Hmmmm... I think I'm better speaking than writing for 2 reasons:

- Speaking comes naturally, I don't think that much and I just do it, but when I write I doubt and re-read a lot.

- I think faster than I type so it is common for me to write things how they sound in Spanish (sometimes, not all the time) rather how they should be written in English, sooooo I have a re-read a lot.

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

Hmmmm... I think I'm better speaking than writing for 2 reasons:

- Speaking comes naturally, I don't think that much and I just do it, but when I write I doubt and re-read a lot.

- I think faster than I type so it is common for me to write things how they sound in Spanish (sometimes, not all the time) rather how they should be written in English, sooooo I have a re-read a lot.

Z

That's great! Would love to develop more my speaking abilities. I can actually speak english but I want to acheive the fluency of it. 

Edzky-18

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

No fair, I am English ... But to answer for mysecond language, I am better at writing because I shyed awayfromspeaking and studied books too much, once I got over myself and started conversing I got way better. :grin:

Posted 
    Feedback