Online Dating

Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationTrece Martires City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Would you consider going out with someone that you met on the Internet? 

do the right thing even when nobody is watching

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined5/6/2018LocationLapu-lapu / PH
Native
Cebuano, Tagalog
Other English

Yes, but it depends on how long we've known each other and on someone's intentions.  

Charlyn Amoin

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

Yup! I met my boyfriend on Tinder almost 4 years ago, best experience ever. I'm so glad that he wasn't a serial killer :)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined6/10/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

Definitely, but you have to be careful and vigilant. I met my boyfriend on Facebook. We went to the same University but I never knew him till he chatted me up on Facebook.

Kevwe A.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

It depends if we have common friends and that friend of mine confirms that he's not a rapist or serial killer.

Edzky-18

Posted 
Posts230Likes123Joined16/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Other English, Italian

I have been long married but I think nowadays a lot of couples meet this way. I don't know if it would have been good for me because I am kind of a scary cat.  

-Ari-

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

Yup! I met my boyfriend on Tinder almost 4 years ago, best experience ever. I'm so glad that he wasn't a serial killer :)

good for you! lol :joy:

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Charlyn wrote:

Yes, but it depends on how long we've known each other and on someone's intentions. :slightly_smiling_face:

yeah totally agree with you 

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Oghenekevwe wrote:

Definitely, but you have to be careful and vigilant. I met my boyfriend on Facebook. We went to the same University but I never knew him till he chatted me up on Facebook.

wow! guess lot of couples here met online :blush:

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Ari wrote:

I have been long married but I think nowadays a lot of couples meet this way. I don't know if it would have been good for me because I am kind of a scary cat.

yeah, theres a lot. Same here, im scared of meet ups. :joy:

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018LocationManila / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

I used to join chat rooms in the late 90s and early 2000s and it was a lot of fun. I didn't end up dating anybody I met online but I met a lot of great people so I can see how some people can end up meeting their future wives/husbands online. :)

--

ikay

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/10/2018LocationCebu / PH
Native
Cebuano, English, Tagalog
Learning French, Japanese, Spanish

Yes. I've met many friends online who are still good friends with me til now.:)

Everyday is a learning journey. Keep going!

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/12/2018Location
Native
German
Learning Afrikaans, Arabic - Standard, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, French, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Toki Pona
Other Polish, Russian, Sinhala, Tagalog

Michelle.Batan wrote:
Would you consider going out with someone that you met on the Internet?

As for me, I wouldn't do it. But why? Because I also wouldn't meet just "any woman" I got to know offline. However, the reason could be a bit of a surprise. Before continuing, I'd like the women of you to know that I do realize being born by one of you. Also, a track I made has been dedicated to her. It is called il ostinato della mammina.

So... first of all, I am someone who wouldn't accept the idea of meeting one time only for a certain purpose. (No need for any details, it is clear enough). And I am very well aware of the fact that far from all women would try something like this. However, as with the case of males, there are also females who are like that (even if the number of males could be/is far higher). So I do some filtering from the very start.

Then, while the number of women being interested in ... well, someone .... isn't small at all, for a long time, none of them managed to even meet me so that we could get to know each other. It's not that I would be to shy to ask for such a meeting (on the contrary.... there are way too many occasions even). But it is about not considering any of them interesting enough for such a Getting To Know Each Other Meeting. There is even an instrumental I made about a certain type of women (again, it isn't about all of them....). It is called 4 Kopy Kats Straying. Because it is about those of them who basically don't even have any unique personality on their own.

On the other hand, if any woman would be interesting enough, things could be entirely different. While I am not at all someone who would agree to a "Both Of Us Can End It Any Second By Sending An SMS" relationship, the circumstances within which a certain type of relationship could be possible are far less restrictive than it could seem to some. And as for any site for those looking for someone, I wouldn't join it either, because I am simply not searching for any woman. If something really good happens, well, there no denial that I would really like it, too. But this and anything related to it isn't something I can't live without.

SGP = _____ _____ ____ (currently remixing my nickname)

My Youtube channel (EN, DE, ...)

Alpha Centauri Style Music (on Soundcloud)

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined15/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

You know this forum is going to be big when people are talking about online dating..just a matter of time we see some people meet up cause of this place :D 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

I personally am not a fan of tinder or anything else crass like that, o have met several interesting people online , never from a dating site... But I have met very fenof them in person we have meaningful online relationships and I consider them friends, despite living apart and not really having intentions of ever meeting on person they brighten my day I enjoy that which they share online if their lives, if I ever fell in love with someone I met online I guess I'd be up for meeting, but I am happily settled with 2 kids so probably not now... Though I see how it happens 

Posted 
Native
Tagalog
Other English

dragonsky wrote:

You know this forum is going to be big when people are talking about online dating..just a matter of time we see some people meet up cause of this place :D

you bet. lol

Posted 
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

Michelle.Batan wrote:
dragonsky wrote:

you bet. lol

Maybe there are even going to be some forum babies that will know multiple languages! :D 

Posted 
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

Also on topic...yeah, I'd do that :D 

Posted 
    Feedback