Christi's recent posts

Posts0Likes0Joined4/12/2018Location

Hi,

Was using the site today and just wondered if it's possible to add a search function which lets me search for articles I've uploaded based on word count or the course I've added it to. Would be convenient in the sense that sometimes I feel like reading something short or long or on a specific topic.

If it's not possible or too difficult then don't worry about it!

Posted

Thanks! Saw that you've added this to the interface. Really helpful!

Posted

Yes! Click with my right mouse and select open in new tab. So when I want to (decide what to) read, I don't need to keep going down the whole list in my library.

Posted

Hi,

I've added a few articles for reading practice to my account and what caught my eye is that it's not possible to select an article and open it in a new tab. Now whenever I have opened an article and go back to my collection I return to the top of the page and have to scroll through my whole list of articles again. It just makes it a bit time-consuming.

Posted

I'm at stage 3 for Korean. Am working on my vocabulary at the moment so might reach stage 4 next year and stay there for a long time ;)

Posted

leosmith wrote:
Christi wrote:
I've started uploading some things I found on sites like Huffington Post etc. Since we're not using the articles to earn money that should be fine right?

To be honest, I don't know. If you aren't sure you have the rights to publish, please just keep it in "my passages" (you can toggle existing passages if this is the case) for now. Alternatively, you could ask the owners of those sites if they mind, or they may have something in their term that addresses it.

Alright, will take down the ones I'm unsure of. I do have few which explicitly mentioned being creative commons so will leave those public for other learners.

Posted

Oghenekevwe wrote:
Honestly, i wonder why it's so complicated and confusing at times.
Light can help you see in the dark, be the opposite of heavy, or a way to make your fireworks do something interesting.
Just imagine how confusing it must be for someone who wanted to learn it from the scratch.

Because as far as I know they don't have an institution that regularly changes official spelling to match changes in pronunciation or natural writing. For example, in my country we have this institution and every few years/decades they publish new spelling rules according to changes which have happened organically. So for most vowel in words the pronunciation is the same, unlike in English.

Posted

leosmith wrote:
Christi wrote:
I just checked, but there don't seem to be any Korean reading materials on this site. Is this because everything has been marked as private?

Hi Christi, welcome! We have a very small library here; LT hasn't created it's own material like some other sites. Personally, I'm reading TTMIK Iyagis in private (My Passages). Eventually I hope to create content, but for the time being I'm using all my resources to try to make the site pay for itself.

That's alright. I just wondered if other people were sharing articles that they'd found online. I've started uploading some things I found on sites like Huffington Post etc. Since we're not using the articles to earn money that should be fine right?

Posted

ikaymoreno wrote:
I actually go here for the essays and helping other learners. I haven't tried the reading tools yet. Are you learning on your own or are you enrolled in a class?

I'm self-taught :) I signed up for an intermediate class but haven't been attending much since it's not teaching me anything new. I want to focus on reading and listening the next few months so have been looking for site that makes reading a bit more easier.

Posted

Hi! I've just joined this site after Leo Smith recommended it to me. I'm planning on using this site for reading if I can figure out how it works. I just checked, but there don't seem to be any Korean reading materials on this site. Is this because everything has been marked as private?

Posted
Feedback