Aricandy's recent posts

Posts0Likes0Joined15/9/2018Location
Native
Spanish
Learning English

If you are learning the language but wont use it on regular basis I think you wont have any side effects but if you are using both languages regularly like Jess and I then this is true, your native language definitely changes.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Learning English

I always forget to use it and usually skip it. Can someone explain this to me? And give me some tips, so that I won't forget.

My native language is Spanish.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Learning English

No debate here just my observation. 

I have 2 kids. Their native language is English mine is Spanish. In my house we speak mostly English because my husband doesn't speaks Spanish. My kids will remember the words I choose to teach them in Spanish as first words (mostly because I didn't know how to say them in English lol).

What I noticed is that when they began to go to school and to learn the alphabet, how to write, etc it was easier for them to understand another language. Before they were kind of confused and didn't get the stuff. So as their brain matures their ability to learn, memorize and understand gets better.

I believe there are two aspects of this discussion like if you introduce two languages at the same time when they start to talk it would be easier to them but if they are learning a language as a second language I believe is easier and they grow up.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Learning English

I really would love any recommendations on how to get my kids value the importance of learning new languages. No matter how hard I have tried they just wont commit.  

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Learning English

Yo Tambien, me encanta!!!!!

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Learning English

Yes, if the filling is spicy is like Jamaican patties. I am from Panama and we have corn empanadas, cassava ones, flour, all kinds.

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Learning English

its/ it is, I thought they were the same lol. Very helpful video!

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Learning English

Italiano

Posted

-Ari-

Native
Spanish
Learning English

Empanadas are the best. It is crazy that empanadas as Spanish words change from one country to other.

Posted

-Ari-

Feedback