Bex's recent topics

Posts0Likes0Joined7/8/2018LocationES
Native
English
Learning Spanish

Oh ok I can't see anything on my phone, it's just an empty screen... I'll try my laptop instead. The stats issue may be related to the other issues I'm having on my mobile :(

Edited

Learning Spanish very slowly :)

Native
English
Learning Spanish

Statistics I would like to see:

My wishlist :)

- Words read daily, weekly, monthly and total

- Hours listened daily, weekly, monthly and total.

- Be able to set daily, weekly, monthly and/or total targets myself.

- Number of words learning (weekly, monthly etc).

- Number of words known (weekly, monthly etc)

Number of words learnt (moved from learning to known) (weekly, monthly, etc).

- Obviously a lovely graph of all the above would be great. A graph of stats is always a great motivator.

You could also add stats for reading and writing too if they are measurable.

The option to add in your own (outside of the program) reading, listening, writing and speaking time would be great too, it would allow users to keep all their stats in one place and obviously would create a base of regular active users on the site/app.

That's just my wishlist. I'd love to hear what others would wish for?

Edited

Native
English
Learning Spanish

I noticed (whilst testing the new phrases feature) that when I'm in most of the reading area, viewing vocabulary lists or courses or whatever the secondary navigation at the top is visible most of the time.

But it is not when I'm reading passages.

So when I reading a passage I have to go right back to the main "Reading" button and then click through, to view my vocabulary list but in reverse I could just click straight on "My passages" because the secondary navigation is available. Basically it is 1 step most of the time but 2 steps when I'm reading one of my passages.

I'll add a couple of screenshots so you can see what I mean....

When I'm in "vocabulary" I can navigate straight back to my reading or any other area within the reading tab - 1 click/step.

But when I'm reading a passage there is no way to click through to "vocabulary", "playlist" etc because the navigation - 2 clicks/steps.

-----------------------------------------------

It would be useful if the navigation was consistent across all of the reading area.

I hope that makes sense.

Edited

Native
English
Learning Spanish

The title on the navigation is "My passages" but the title on the page is "Your passages"...should they be different???

I think that will probably do from me today (oops I added 1 more), sorry for all the posts..I hope they are at least helpful.

Edited

Native
English
Learning Spanish

Across the reading area for whenever a passage is shown: it shows the 'Unknown words' amount but it would be useful (to me anyway) to also know how much of a passage I was still learning and also how many words the passage contains.

For example on this page: 

I can see how many new words are in each passage but not any more detail:

- I have no idea how many words the passage contains.

- I have no idea if there are any words that I am already learning.

This information would also be useful on the "My Passages" page.

Then I could also see which passages I really need to review because I might have a high number of words I am still learning. The 'My passages' page after you have read the passage does not really give you much information at the moment in terms of how well you know the passage.

For example: I could know all the words in passage 1 and be learning all the words in passage 2 but I cannot know this without opening each passage.

Total words would also be very useful here as well.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion...

Posted

Native
English
Learning Spanish

Being able to re-order the playlist is brilliant thanks but it just made me wonder if it was possible to re-order 'My Passages' as well?

I am sure these were in the right order when I added them, (my memory is not the best so maybe not) but now I would like them to be in the order of 1,2,3 from the top and not 3,2,1 as I add them.

Is there any chance this feature could be added?

Posted

Native
English
Learning Spanish

I'm looking to start a new routine and was wondering what others do on a daily basis to learn their language?

What is your language learning method?

How much time do you devote to language learning each day?

What would you say is the most important thing you do each day?

What level is your routine for; beginners, intermediate or advanced?

Posted

Native
English
Learning Spanish

In Reading: I accidentally clicked on a French passage whilst browsing the reading section and now it shows in my Passage history...I couldn't find anyway to delete it?

Especially when looking through other people's content to read, I may decide a passage just isn't suitable for whatever reason after looking at it.

May I suggest that you add the option to delete passages from your Passage History list, if it isn't there already?

Edited

Native
English
Learning Spanish

I created a passage 1 for my course and the first passage appears correctly within the course.

However when I added a second passage to the same course... it did not appear within the course?

It says it is in the course when I look at the edit page but it's just a stand-alone passage everywhere else??

Posted

Native
English
Learning Spanish

I can create phrases on my PC but not on my phone - which is so cool as the phrases function is soooo helpful :)

However the phrases do not appear in my vocabulary list or once created even within the passage itself.

Not sure if I'm creating phrases incorrectly or it's not working properly yet?

Posted

Native
English
Learning Spanish

I would really like to be able to add any audio from the passages I have read to a playlist. So I can listen to any passage I have read during my day.

Just a toggle to add or remove on the passage itself would be enough.

I would find this extremely useful

Posted

Native
English
Learning Spanish

If I try to view my vocabulary list in the reading area, it defaults to English and I cannot change it to Spanish in order to view the words I am learning.

The drop down menu doesn't work, nothing appears and I'm unable to do anything with it.

This is only in mobile view...seems ok when I use desktop view on my mobile.

Are you planning to do anything with the vocabulary area, like flashcards etc or will it just be a list for export?

Posted

Native
English
Learning Spanish

At the moment the passage tells you the amount of words unknown but without knowing the percentage this is not hugely useful.

For example: I can see I have 30 unknown words but without knowing the total numbet of words this could be all of them or just 1%!

It would be useful especially when selecting shared passages to know the percentage known and the total number of words, otherwise it is difficult to select passages at the right level.

Anyway just an idea :)

Edited

Native
English
Learning Spanish

Once I get past a certain amount of characters in the content box I can no longer see what I am typing when the keyboard is expanded. 

I have to keep minimising my keyboard in order to be able to scroll up and view the content box again.

Seems to occur just a few sentences (4-8) beyond this point of typing. The screen automatically scrolls down and I can no longer see what I'm typing.

I hope that makes sense. Although it may only be a problem when viewing on specific mobiles.

It is doing it now....so writing forum content on my mobile of about this length is a problem :(

Edited

Feedback