imran.khalil0000's recent topics

Posts0Likes0Joined5/9/2018Locationlahore / PK

How do say Good night in your native language?

We say "Subha Bakhair" in urdu.

Posted

Kindly change the reply style in forum. When we reply to a someone it just appears at the bottom and it should be tab spaced below the comment to which a member is replying. It should appear like this.

Posted

What are your opinions about the effect of translation on the valence of intended message. For example if translate a french sentence into English or Urdu language, would it change the intensity of the latent emotions in the sentence or not? My opinion is yes it does affect negatively most often. 

Posted

Hello i have a recommendation for you to make this website better. Kindly sort the topic either date wise or activity wise. Newest topics should be at the top followed older ones or you can sort by the number of comments and views so that when a member open the forum he knows what is most discussed area at this time. You can even make tabs to facilitate the visitor, it could be like creating "recent" , "most discussed" etc. i am going to attach a screenshot kindly review it. It seems disorganized right now.

Edited

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. Try to speak this :) By the way this is the name of lung disease cause by dust and fine ash.

Posted

Let do an interesting activity and start sharing your most favorite word in English with meaning so that we can learn from each other thanks :)

My favorite :

Lavish 

Meaning:

Large in amount, impressive and usually costing a lot of money.

Posted

What is Kimchi? This is a Korean dish made of vegetables. I came across this word in my android phone where saying "Kimchi" will capture pictures. Interesting :)

Posted

Do you think that you feel more expressed and emotionally eased when communicating in your native language than the foreign language? My view is yes i feel more relaxed and released when expressing love or other emotions in my native language.

Posted

Difference between connotation and denotation?

Posted

It is an interesting short video to learn some basic spelling rules.

Edited

What was the first word in your native language that you learnt? Please do mention with meaning :)

Mine was "Da Do" meaning "Give"

Posted

How will you tackle your wife if she is a foreign language speaker? What are your views? Will it hinder in your emotional bonding? Obviously you people will speak one language in which you might not have much expertise but you wont speak in your native languages. Looking for interesting answers :)

Posted

Which one is preferred by you guys Oxford or Cambridge dictionary?

Posted

Syntax vs Semantics which one is most important and should be learnt first in your veiws?

Posted

Add hover over effect on MISC section to make it look better.

Posted

Hello what do you guys think is the best way to memorize foreign language words. Should we memorize them with contextualization or in their literary form? I find contextualization the best source of learning.

Posted

(edited - please use the youtube button when posting a youtube video)

Edited

Can you mention the strength of vocabulary of foreign language in numbers approx. Mine is around 21500 approximately.

Posted

Watch and learn to handle passive voice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHrUUFpDU8E

Posted

hello i have a little suggestion for a better view of the site. I have noticed that our profile picture is not shown on the top right corner of the page which must be visible. The profile picture must remain visible while browsing through different sections of the website. I have highlighted the snapshot. Kindly note down.

Posted

Very helpful for those learning English language to avoid the most dangerous mistakes...

(edited - please use youtube button when posting youtube videos)

Edited

Auto-correct feature on smartphones boosts our language or deteriorates it?

Posted

it is very helpful for those who are learning English and need to make their English language flawless. Its going to be very interesting video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWPfD2WcAXg

Edited

List down the most difficult words of English in terms of spelling?

Posted

is language related to intelligence? i was just wondering if linguistic skills represent our intellectual abilities?

Posted

i was browsing through the site and needed chat support. The agent was showing online but no response. Dont know if there was some technical issue. Below is a screenshot.

Edited

hi i just went through the section 'find a tutor' and i have noticed the differing audio quality of video messages. Some tutors were very clear and loud whereas others were not. Kindly ensure the audio quality of video messages first as it will make a good impression. 

Posted

Hi dear members i am Imran. I am new here

Posted

So learning foreign languages is an interesting experience. Most of us spend extensive amount of time in school life to learn English and other languages, but what makes you proficient in the language acquisition? Are they written or spoken skills which affect our learning of a new language? 

Posted
Feedback