Because I haven't done one yet

Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018Location
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French, German

Hi, thought I should put a little something on here as I haven't done so yet.

Hi, I'm Greg, native English but I have a smattering of French and German. I'm currently trying to learn Spanish.

I learn mainly by repetition and lots of corrections, practicing the words that I know by trying to put them together in sentences and working on the actual grammar separately. 

I have an interest in words themselves as we adopt them from other languages and adapt them for our own purpose, but even words that change over time e.g. terrifiterrific has the same root as terrifying, but mean the opposite in modern usage.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018LocationDE
Native
German
Other English, Russian, Spanish, Tamil

welcome greg :)

harmony. 

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Good to have you here Greg!

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018LocationKingston / JM
Native
English
Other Spanish

I think I'd love to learn German, maybe you can help me a little with that.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018Location
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French, German

Heh, I haven't used it in years, I could tell you how to ask basic questions, the weather, and stuff like that, but I would probably point at Aaron https://languagetools.io/profile/131 if you wanted to learn more useful things

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018LocationUS
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French

Welcome Greg! :)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018LocationKingston / JM
Native
English
Other Spanish

Greg.Jones wrote:
Heh, I haven't used it in years, I could tell you how to ask basic questions, the weather, and stuff like that, but I would probably point at Aaron https://languagetools.io/profile/131 if you wanted to learn more useful things

Thanks, appreciate it!

Posted 
    Feedback