Learning new Languages.

Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018Location

Where do all of you usually learn other languages? Is it through audio books or online or is it through a personal teacher. What seems do be the best way to learn it easily and more fun?

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018LocationUS
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French

I am currently learning through youtube videos, audio books, and apps (when I'm on the go) I really enjoy apps like Duolingo and Babbel. I know it's best to be around people who are fluent in the language but that's not available to me right now. Listening to music in that language is also a great and fun way to learn! :)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationSI

Mostly online resources, some of which were already mentioned:

- TV programs, series, movies. There are for xample English movies with French subtitles on YT :)

- Youtube: now there is such abundance of free lessons over there

- Music: sometimes you can find sth really interesting for yourself, start listening, singing and learn more

- News programs: both text and video ones

Hardcore: literature in local library ;)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationSI

I thought it is so interesting that I will post it here (in case you missed it on YT)

Very nicely said and motivational :)

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018LocationUS
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French

Thanks for sharing! :)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018LocationManila / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

When I tied to learn French, I enrolled in a free online course. That was a great help. Audiobooks were great too.

For Korean, I asked a former ESL student to "trade" hours with me. I taught him English for free for two hours. He taught me how to read and write in Hangul for 2 hours in exchange. Then after that, just Youtube, free sites, and reading/writing practice.

--

ikay

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationTrece Martires City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

mostly in youtube and playstore apps :grin:

do the right thing even when nobody is watching

Posted 
    Feedback