Useful English Conversation Scripts

Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationKarachi / PK
Native
Urdu
Learning Arabic - Standard, English, Japanese, Pashto, Chinese - other

I'm not fluent in English. Can you Help me at Learn English Conversation Scripts?

Plz, write down some Useful Conservation scripts.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

A: Excuse me. I was wondering how to order office supplies.

B: We have a requisition form on the company web site. What type of supplies do you need?

A: I need paper, ink cartridges, and paper clips.

B: How quickly will you need your supplies?

A: I need all of my supplies right away.

B: We also will have to check your department budget. Do you know how much money you have for office supplies?

A: I will check to see what my budget is.

B: Would you like these supplies delivered or would you like to pick them up?

A: Please deliver them to my office.

B: Fine, well just send the form to us and we will let you know as soon as your supplies come in. Have a good day!

A: Thank you!

************************************************************************************

A: I need help in ordering my office supplies.

B: You can print out a copy of the Order Supply Form from our company web site and turn it into me. What will you be needing?

A: I need ink cartridges, staples, and Post-its. 

B: Will you need all of them right away or can some wait?

A: Some of these can wait but there are a few things that I need right away.

B: You can only buy supplies that you have a budget for. Do you know what your budget is?

A: We have plenty of money for office supplies.

B: You can pick these supplies up or they can be delivered to your building. Which would you prefer?

A: I want to pick them up.

B: Well, just finish the request and we will contact you when the supplies come in. Have a good day!

A: You too!

***************************************************************************************

A: How do I order the office supplies that I need?

B: Fill out this form with whatever you need. What do you need the most?

A: I need many things.

B: I can get a few of them right away, but might have to order some.

A: I can wait a few days for these items.

B: Make sure that you have money allocated for these supplies. How much do you have for office supplies?

A: I don't think we have very much money for supplies, but we have a little.

B: Would you like them delivered to you or can you come get them here?

A: I am not sure yet.

B: When you finish completing the request form, we will order and let you know when the supplies are here. Have a great day!

A: Good-bye!

Posted 
Native
English

if you give me some specific subjects for the conversations maybe i could help a little more Noman

Posted 
Native
Urdu

Topic: Conservation B/W client and freelancer

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined11/7/2018LocationManila / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, Korean

Noman.Gul wrote:
I'm not fluent in English. Can you Help me at Learn English Conversation Scripts?
Plz, write down some Useful Conservation scripts.

The way I taught my students who struggled with conversational English is to do a speed Q&A just to get them used to thinking in English as well as speaking in English. I would them give feedback afterwards. For example:

Question: Who's your favorite actress?

Student: My favorite actress is Sandra Bullock.

Feedback: We're taught to "parrot" the question in grade school to form a "proper sentence". However, if it's a natural conversation, a native speaker is more likely to say "I like Sandra Bullock."

I stress that the answer is grammatically correct and some native speaker may even answer that way. A big majority won't though.

If you're learning alone, write a list of simple "who" and "what" questions. Then write your answer to each question within 90 seconds. This is so you don't overthink and you write the first response that comes to you.

Most of my A2 students answer this way:

My favorite color is green.

My favorite mall is SM.

My favorite food is spaghetti.

My best friend is Ben.

Again, grammatically correct but not really how sentences are constructed in a natural conversation. :)

--

ikay

Posted 
Native
English

Really good point something I encourage my students to do is think about what the question infers... To use your example who is your favourite actress? I make them brain storm what other questions this is also asking and what qualifiers do we use to answer it for example ...your favourite actress will usually be your favourite because of a acting skill b a movie you thought they were great in c you think they are attractive etc etc then I ask them to think of an answer that incorporates the details ... So instead of who is your favourite actress? My favourite actress is... You get something more personal like who is your favourite actress? I love ----- she is a really talented character actress did you see her in ____? This gives a much more natural conversation as opposed to dialogue but also if answering opinion questions I encourage them to write unbiasedly to practice so maybe something like ...I didn't rate her performance much in ------but she was amazing in ______

Posted 
Native
English

Noman I don't really have to speak much back and forth on upwork send me some ideas of what clients have said to you and I can try to provide a couple of responses for similar future situations.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined14/7/2018LocationAbu Dhabi / AE
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

I would recommend for you to check this link, very useful script for a daily conversation.

https://www.easypacelearning.com/all-lessons/learning-english-level-1/1101-small-talk-english-conversation-lesson

Edited 
Native
Urdu

Ty Janah

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined14/7/2018LocationAbu Dhabi / AE
Native
Tagalog
Learning English

Welcome.