Quotes

Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018Location
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French, German

Not really a bug, more cosmetic, but at the end of the box in a post it should close the quotation marks

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Greg.Jones wrote:
Not really a bug, more cosmetic, but at the end of the box in a post it should close the quotation marks

I used to think this too, but now I'm not sure what I'd like it to change to. We're sort of going with that single quote symbol, and the box the entire width of the screen. It might look strange with the quote at the end of that big empty box.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018Location
Native
English
Learning Spanish
Other French, German

leosmith wrote:

Greg.Jones wrote:

Not really a bug, more cosmetic, but at the end of the box in a post it should close the quotation marks.

I used to think this too, but now I'm not sure what I'd like it to change to. We're sort of going with that single quote symbol, and the box the entire width of the screen. It might look strange with the quote at the end of that big empty box.

Has been bugging the hell out of me XD

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Greg.Jones wrote:
leosmith wrote:
Greg.Jones wrote:
Not really a bug, more cosmetic, but at the end of the box in a post it should close the quotation marks.

Lol, sorry about that. But this is the format php uses, or at least the way some forums implement php. If you have a specific example of a preferred way to display it, post it here and we'll consider it.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined9/7/2018Location
Native
English
Learning French, Spanish
Other Irish

Greg.Jones wrote:
leosmith wrote:
Greg.Jones wrote:

I understand what you mean, but I think it's grown on me. I don't mind it at all now!

Posted 
    Feedback