What's your favorite accent?

Posts0Likes0Joined15/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

Also... as a side question...how big of a role do you think an accent has on the language?

For example do you think a person speaking a certain language with an accent is better or worse?

Let's say French people have a certain accent that makes everything they say more interesting, even if they speak English with bad grammar and mistakes, I like listening to them just cause of the accent.

To answer the question in the topic name - My favorite accent is Spanish. There's just something about it. I talked to some Spanish people and their accent to me is so gorgeous. I fell in love immediately, it's just such a "hot accent" that makes everything better (and sexier :D ) sounding.

What about you? 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018Location

I do love the Italian accent. There seems to be so much passion in the way that they are speaking. 

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Are you talking about the accent of non-native english speakers when they speak English?

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationBuenos Aires / AR
Native
English, Spanish

I love the American accent.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/9/2018LocationCebu / PH
Native
Cebuano, English, Tagalog
Other Japanese, Spanish

I love the British accent. :two_hearts:

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined13/7/2018LocationPasig / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, French, Spanish

Italian is my current favorite if you mean the accent of people speaking their native language.

But my favorite things to listen to are the Irish and Scottish when they speak English. Daaaang that's nice to hear.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined13/7/2018LocationPasig / PH
Native
Tagalog
Learning English, French, Spanish

Chill wrote:
I love the British accent. :two_hearts:

There are more than fifty accents in the United Kingdom :D Did you mean British English?

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

dragonsky wrote:

To answer the question in the topic name - My favorite accent is Spanish. There's just something about it. I talked to some Spanish people and their accent to me is so gorgeous. I fell in love immediately, it's just such a "hot accent" that makes everything better (and sexier :D ) sounding.

All spanish accents or do you have a country/regional accent you like the most?

Posted 
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

Jess.PWinkler wrote:
dragonsky wrote:

Tbh..not sure :D The people I talked with were from Valencia and I absolutely loved that accent so not sure how the Valencia accent is different than the other accents 

Posted 
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

leosmith wrote:
Are you talking about the accent of non-native english speakers when they speak English?

Yes :) 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

dragonsky wrote:

Jess.PWinkler wrote:

dragonsky wrote:

Tbh..not sure :D The people I talked with were from Valencia and I absolutely loved that accent so not sure how the Valencia accent is different than the other accents

I asked because Spanish is speaked in a lot of countries and each of them has a different accent :).

Posted 
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

Jess.PWinkler wrote:
dragonsky wrote:
Jess.PWinkler wrote:
dragonsky wrote:

I asked because Spanish is speaked in a lot of countries and each of them has a different accent :).

I realized that like couple minutes after I posted my reply haha :D

I guess the Spain accent is the one I love, but I haven't met any people from South America yet so who knows! :D 

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined5/9/2018Locationmaryland / US
Native
Urdu
Learning Arabic - Gulf

I like Italian accent 

Mariam Irshad

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined5/9/2018LocationLisbon / PT
Native
Portuguese
Other English, Spanish

Italian is very funny. But in english, for sure Scottish or some parts from England, like Newcastle.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined5/6/2018LocationLapu-lapu / PH
Native
Cebuano, Tagalog
Other English

American accent because it is straight to the point. I could easily understand it also.

Charlyn Amoin

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Learning French

British and American:heart_eyes:

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined22/9/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

I love the British Accent. 

If I was to choose being an animal, I will like to be an Eagle.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined5/9/2018Locationlahore / PK

I think that accent plays a little in language, the most important aspect is comprehension of the listener. Your language must be flawless, comprehensive and enrich with sound vocab. once you master these area, it is time to think about accent. I personally like British accent.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined22/9/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

I think French language is an exception to the rule in terms of using the accent. I've tried reading comprehension like an English student and it hasn't worked well for me.

The phonetics and sounds in French language blends with the accent, I think. 

If I was to choose being an animal, I will like to be an Eagle.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other Arabic - Gulf, English, French, Spanish, Serbian

Well besides your main interest being which accent we like of non native English speakers speaking English, I'd go with Australian and the Kiwi's. I think I like how loud and carefree (at least they seem to be) they are too :)) From the people I have interacted with.

Otherwise keeping your authentic accent when learning a foreign language is always interesting and many times involuntary. Some people just don't have the easiest time blending their pronunciation, articulation and sounds with the language they are learning. And I believe it needs lots of active listening to the language they are learning, maybe some form of specific focus, like focus on how the fluency sounds to us, like when we are listening to music, so not lending an extreme focus on the words and meaning, rather the sounding. Also lots of practice of this, if you want to acquire the authentic accent, and not seem like an obvious second language learner. 

But anyhow, it's awesome to sound differently than the native speakers, if you own it, it wouldn't look embarrassing or stand out, or whatever you might think it sounds like. I think the accent comes naturally with the construction of words and the corresponding alphabet, symbols etc., as well as maybe the values the culture is based on. Like for example, the Italian is so extroverted and unique, but for example the climate and other circumstances have made the people like that, so the accent and sounds just appeared naturally. Going bit off topic, tried to understand, but that is how I see it. 

Edited 
    Feedback