Reading tool

Posts0Likes0Joined4/9/2018LocationCaracas / VE
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

Hey guys! Have you used the reading tool on the page? I've been using it for the last week and I find it very helpful. I've uploaded songs+lyrics and recipes written in my target languages and I've been practicing and learning about things that I love. Since I'm a beginner I find it hard to find good basic material to use in my target languages, I don't know if I'm to picky or what, but I like to have short stories or paragraphs that I can read and re-read them until I truly understand what I'm reading and until I feel that I'm learning the vocabulary, getting used to the grammar and syntax. It was hard for me to decide what to upload first so, after thinking about it I thought that maybe as native speakers we could write short stories or conversations to help begginers to get used to our native languages and share this material with the other members of the forum :)

Posted 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Thanks for posting this! I've been using it since we launched, in 8 languages. You won't find a better free hosted reading tool of this sort, and this one is better than most of the pay tools. I think writing original material and sharing it is a great idea. We actually have quite a few members (maybe 100?) who use the reading tool but rarely if ever post here. Maybe they will come out and share there experiences with us here.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined3/9/2018LocationCebu City / PH
Native
Cebuano, English, Tagalog
Other Arabic - Standard, Chinese - Mandarin, Korean, Malay

Thanks! I found another gem here.

Posted 
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

jfarrah wrote:

Thanks! I found another gem here.

It's really cool, you can see how many words you know, how many words you don't know and how many words you are learning! If you have more than 1 passage in the same language, it automatically identifies the words you already know :)

Posted 
Native
Spanish
Learning German, Italian
Other English

leosmith wrote:

Thanks for posting this! I've been using it since we launched, in 8 languages. You won't find a better free hosted reading tool of this sort, and this one is better than most of the pay tools. I think writing original material and sharing it is a great idea. We actually have quite a few members (maybe 100?) who use the reading tool but rarely if ever post here. Maybe they will come out and share there experiences with us here.

Yes! I was thinking we could upload free copyright material to help others... It would be awesome if the other members share their experiences :)

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined22/9/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

I didn't realize that I could add passages until today. I find this option of sharing knowledge very cool. The reading tool is a brilliant idea for learning. Thanks

If I was to choose being an animal, I will like to be an Eagle.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined5/9/2018Locationlahore / PK

Yes this is a very helpful source of learning of course.

Posted 
    Feedback