FANBOYS

Posts0Likes0Joined8/7/2018LocationAlmeria / ES
Native
English
Other Arabic - Egyptian, French, German, Spanish

If you have never heard of FANBOYS and i don't mean the film i mean the acronym this might be a useful breakdown and tool for you.

In English we typically form a sentence using the subject + verb then the object if there is one S+V+O this makes a short sentence 

This is a simple phrase with an idea and many beginners can do this. In order to link 2 ideas we can use a certain set of conjunctives ... there are many conjunctives which can make one idea longer or more detailed but only a few which can link 2 ideas that are related. 

They are called coordinating conjunctions and they can be remembered using the mnemonic FANBOYS 

FOR

AND

NOR

BECAUSE

OR 

YET 

SO

Edited 
Posts0Likes0Joined6/10/2018LocationLagos / NG
Native
English
Other French

Nice! I used that method a lot through high school and boy did it help. In biology,MR NIGER D stood for characteristics of living things;

Movement

Respiration

Nutrition

Irritability 

Growth

Excretion

Reproduction 

Death 

Mnemonics is,for me,a very efficient way of learning and remembering. 

Kevwe A.

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined15/9/2018LocationSkopje / MK
Native
Macedonian
Other English, Serbian

idk why but the title made me laugh, I totally expected this thread to be about fanboys of some boy band or something :D I am a dummy

Posted 
Posts0Likes0Joined10/7/2018LocationBinan City / PH
Native
Tagalog
Other English

Since mnemonic has been mentioned here, I remembered my old years as a student because this has been my refuge when I had so little time to study for exam...haha...but it has helped me a lot then. Though it's not really good to use all the time.:grin:

Edzky-18

Posted 
    Feedback