By Design - unchecking "learning" checkbox in languages settings not affecting chat tab

Posts9Likes8Joined10/11/2019LocationDE
Native
German, Turkish
Learning Persian
Other English, French

Hello,

when I uncheck the checkbox next to the languages to indicate that I am not actively learning them, I would expect the chat tab to not display the unchecked languages in the "Is Learning" column. I guess this is a bug/wrong behaviour. See pictures below

Edit: I just realized that you can toggle them in the column itself, but I feel like both these settings should be the same attribute in the database, as they seem to have the same function

Edited 
Posts1630Likes1092Joined18/3/2018LocationBellingham / US
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

Thanks - we are discussing this.

In Thailand now. Next up Tanzania and Philippines.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German
Other Chinese - Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Thai

ileri wrote:
when I uncheck the checkbox next to the languages to indicate that I am not actively learning them, I would expect the chat tab to not display the unchecked languages in the "Is Learning" column. I guess this is a bug/wrong behaviour. See pictures below
Edit: I just realized that you can toggle them in the column itself, but I feel like both these settings should be the same attribute in the database, as they seem to have the same function

This isn't a bug or wrong behavior imo. At one time it was connected to chat, but now the check box is there only to display a language as "learning" under your avatar (forum and write & correct). Chat languages are toggled on/off in chat only. I have written a ticket to clarify the purpose of the checkbox, but there are more disadvantages than advantages to try to connect it to chat.

Posted 
Native
English
Learning German

Ok, we made the purpose of the checkbox clearer by stating "Skill Levels (checked box makes language display as “learning” under avatar)". Closing ticket.

Posted 
    Feedback