Teacher Terms of Service
Last Updated July 1, 2018
- Teacher Registration and Service Listing
- Approval for Teaching Services
- Teaching Services Description
- Providing Teaching Services
- Guidelines for providing your Teaching Services
- Guidelines if you will be unable to provide your Teaching Service
- Guidelines for after you have provided your Teaching Service
- Student Complaints and Refunds
- Additional Guidelines for Teaching Services
- Teacher Removal From the Site
- License Grants
- License Grant for Teacher Content to Students
- License Grant for Teacher Content to OPLingo
- License Grant for Teacher Introduction Video
- License Grant for Teacher Logos
- Contacting Customer Service
If you want to offer Teaching Services on OPLingo (as defined herein), you must read and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions for Teachers ("Teacher Terms") which are part of and incorporated into the OPLingo Terms of Service and Payment Terms of Service (collectively, the "Terms"). These Teacher Terms will apply to any Member that is approved to be a Teacher on the Site (as those words are defined in the Terms). If you do not accept these Teacher Terms in full, you are not authorized to teach on the Site and you are not eligible to receive any compensation from OPLingo for any Teaching Services you provide.
1. Teacher Registration and Service Listing
Approval for Teaching ServicesIn order to become a "Teacher", you must first submit a complete “Teacher Application”. Completed Teacher Applications are evaluated by OPLingo for approval. If your Teacher Application is approved, your Member status will be changed to a "Teacher." You will have the ability to create and manage a “Teacher Profile” on our Site. As a Teacher, you can begin providing "Teaching Services".
Teaching Services DescriptionIn order to provide lessons, Teachers must create a description of their Teaching Services on OPLingo. When creating the description of your Teaching Services, you agree to the following guidelines:
- Write a specific, detailed service description with clear scope, deliverables and lessons.
- Set expectations that you can meet or exceed.
- Do not create services that are made with the intent to commit fraud, or provide services other than the ones outlined in the description. This includes offering your Services in exchange for positive feedback or for no cost.
2. Providing Teaching Services
Guidelines for providing your Teaching ServicesOnce you have received a Teaching Services request, you agree to the following guidelines:
- Use the OPLingo platform to manage Student requests.
- Respond promptly, within one business day, to all lesson-related communication, whether from the Student or from OPLingo.
- Maintain a record of all communication between you and the Student. Communication methods can include outside emails, instant messages, telephone or in-person conversations. Important details includes information on the scope, deliverables, time frames, price, feedback, revisions, schedule changes, vacation, availability, delays, acceptance of deliverables, and completion of lessons.
- Inform the Student of your availability and response time.
Guidelines if you will be unable to provide your Teaching Service
- Immediately inform the Student offering an explanation and proposing a revised date.
Guidelines for after you have provided your Teaching Service
- Use the OPLingo Payment Service to handle all financial matters related to your Teaching Service.
- Provide helpful, objective, balanced feedback for the Student.
Student Complaints and RefundsAny Student who is dissatisfied with your Teaching Service is required to contact you directly through the Site or Application regarding any issues or complaints. You should try to resolve any issue or complaint directly with the Student first.
If the issue or complaint cannot be resolved, between the Teacher and the Student, OPLingo will use all records of communication as evidence to make a determination on how to adjudicate the dispute. OPLingo shall have the right, in our sole discretion:
- To transfer funds, offer a refund, or reverse a transaction.
- To designate who shall bear the expenses resulting from any such actions.
Additional Guidelines for Teaching Services
- Agree to maintain the privacy of OPLingo Students. This includes not soliciting any personally identifiable information (such as birth date, age, government issued number, phone number, or home address).
- Agree to maintain the privacy of your personal details. This includes personal financial information regarding your Teacher Wallet.
- Agree to maintain personal records for all invoices and payments.
- Agree to cooperate with OPLingo in anti-fraud actions, and in Dispute Resolution.
- Report any conduct violations, including misuse of ratings and feedback.
- Not use Prohibited Content, or content that violates copyright.
3. Teacher Removal From the SiteYou are expected to perform in a manner that results in a consistently high level of Student satisfaction. You are in breach of these Teacher Terms if you:
- Fail to deliver any Teaching Service for which payment was accepted.
- Fail to take reasonable efforts to resolve a dispute with a Student.
- Create unacceptable levels of Student dissatisfaction
OPLingo reserves the following rights to take any of the following actions at any time and at our sole discretion:
- Cancel your listed Teaching Service
- Limit your Account privileges
- Suspend or terminate your Account
- Adjust your Teacher Wallet balance and withhold all payments
- Contact law enforcement or seek legal remedies
4. License Grants
License Grant for Teacher Content to StudentsYou hereby agree that any user who purchases your Teaching Services will be granted a right to use the Content in your Teaching Services solely for personal and noncommercial educational purposes. You acknowledge that all of the Content you submit to the Site is subject to the representations, warranties, license grants and other provisions contained in the Terms.
License Grant for Teacher Content to OPLingoYou acknowledge that OPLingo may use your Content and information about your Teaching Services in marketing, advertising and promotion of our Site or Application in any medium. You also give OPLingo permission to use your name as part of marketing, advertising or promotion.
License Grant for Teacher LogosWe encourage you to highlight your Teaching Services by using your trademarks, service marks or brands ("Logos") on our Site. You give us permission to display your Logos and to make modifications to the appearance of the Logos as may be reasonably necessary. You represent that you own all rights to your Logo. You retain ownership and all rights to any Logo that you submit. Logos may not contain any Prohibited Content. We reserve the right to remove your Logos from the Site at any time in our sole discretion.
License Grant for Teacher Introduction VideoOPLingo has the rights to use your Teacher Introduction video or any other such video or materials you upload to the Services for marketing, advertising or promotional purposes. OPLingo may publish teacher videos to our official channels in third-party video hosting and streaming services, such as Youtube, Vimeo, Youku, or others, as to ensure accessibility and visibility to OPLingo students regardless of location.
5. Contacting Customer Service
If you wish to report a violation of Site, Application or Service Policies, have any questions or need assistance, please contact OPLingo Customer Service as follows:
Online Support: Contact Us