- Introduction to Community Policy
- Community Conduct Policy
- Community Content Policy
- Reporting Violations of OPLingo Community Policy
Introduction to Community Policy
OPLingo Community Policy help ensure that OPLingo is a safe place where language learners from all over the world can connect with one another and help each other learn a language.
We have the right but not the obligation to monitor your account and any content you transmit via our services. OPLingo’ default position is to not delete, censor, or edit user generated content in any of OPLingo’ community features. However, there are cases in which OPLingo may take extraordinary steps in response to violations of the Community Policy, the Terms of Service, and other policies.
These actions can include:
* Deleting or banning users
* Editing, modifying or removing content
* Publishing, transmitting or displaying content in an altered way
Community Conduct Policy
1. Do NOT Spam: Do not send the same message to multiple users or repeatedly post the same message in forum, write & correct, chat or inbox sections.
2. Do NOT Post or Send Commercial Advertisements: Do not post or comment for commercial purposes.
3. Do NOT Search for a Romantic Relationship: Do not contact other OPLingo members for dating, or to find sexual partners. OPLingo considers this harassment. OPLingo takes reports of unwanted sexual advances very seriously.
4. Do NOT Harass, Bully, or Stalk: OPLingo does not tolerate harassment, bullying or stalking. OPLingo will take action on all reports of abusive behavior. Repeatedly messaging another user with unwanted friend requests or messages is a form of harassment.
5. Do NOT Create False Identities: Claiming to be another person, creating a false presence for an organization, or creating multiple accounts is not allowed. Duplicate, fake, and joke profiles are not allowed.
Community Content Policy
User Generated Content that falls into any of the following categories is prohibited and OPLingo will remove this content. Any OPLingo user that is in violation of OPLingo policies can and will be removed from the OPLingo system.
1. Hate Speech and Offensive Language
OPLingo does not permit hate speech or offensive language. We do not permit users to attack others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or medical condition.
2. Commercial or Promotional Content
We ask that you respect our members by not contacting them for commercial purposes without their consent. This includes engaging in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, via the services. In addition, do not make posts or comments that are solely for commercial purposes since this detracts from, and does not add anything of value to the language-learning community.
3. Sexual and Pornographic Content
OPLingo has a strict policy against the sharing of pornographic content and any sexually explicit content. We also impose limitations on the display of nudity.
4. Personally Identifiable & Sensitive Information
OPLingo does not allow publishing a user's personal or sensitive information without a person's consent. Users are not allowed to interfere with any other user's right to privacy, including by harvesting or collecting personally-identifiable information about other users.
5. Pirated Content
OPLingo does not allow users to share content on OPLingo, where they do not have the rights to do so. We ask that you respect copyrights, trademarks, and other legal rights.
6. Political or Religious Discussions
OPLingo does not permit discussions or graphics relating to political or religious events or groups. Politics and religion are sensitive topics that often lead to polarizing and hateful comments. It is our position to not have these types of discussions on a site that is meant for language learning.
We remove content when we think there is a risk of physical harm, or a threat to public or individual safety. You may not threaten others, or suggest acts of violence. We do not allow promoting, planning or celebrating any actions if they could result in harm to others, including theft and vandalism.
OPLingo takes threats of self-harm seriously. We remove any promotion or encouragement of self-mutilation, eating disorders, or drug abuse. We also work with suicide prevention agencies around the world to provide assistance for people in distress.
9. Personal Attacks
You shall not personally attack another User. Personal attacks are a direct violation of this Community Policy.
10. Harmful Content to the Services
You shall not upload, post or otherwise transmit any content, software or other materials which contain a virus or other harmful or disruptive component nor shall you interfere with or disrupt the Web site, the Services, the community areas or the servers or networks connected to the same, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks.
11. Encouragement of Violations of the Law
You shall not upload, post or otherwise transmit any content that advocates or provides instruction on illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them nor shall you upload, post or otherwise transmit any content that violates any law or engage in activity that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to a civil liability. Furthermore, you shall not facilitate or encourage any violations of our policies.
You shall not impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, any of our employees, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
Reporting Violations of OPLingo Community Policy
If you think another user is violating the OPLingo Community Policy or Terms of Service, please report this to OPLingo. Notify the OPLingo team
If you see a post or comment that violates the Community Policy or Terms of Service, please use the "report" function.